Dr. Millicent Burke-Sinclair, Ed.D, MBA, MLAS, SPHR®, SHRM-SCP
Four Seasons President & CEO
With over 42 years of experience, Four Seasons is an award-winning, nationally recognized non-profit organization providing Care Navigation, Home Care, Palliative Care, Hospice Care, and Grief Services to thirteen counties, including Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard, Franklin, Weaverville, Waynesville, Cherokee and many other treasured communities in Western North Carolina.
A locally trusted organization, Four Seasons is a leader in high-quality person-centered care, proven by our consistent rank in the top 10% of service providers for family satisfaction.
Did you know anyone can REQUEST CARE?
Four Seasons is here for you and your loved ones 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. All too often we hear families say “We wish we had called Four Seasons sooner,” so please do not wait to call us! We are here to provide an extra layer of support for you and your loved ones.
OUR TRUSTED SERVICES
Palliative Care is NOT HOSPICE. Rather, it is an approach to care focused on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness like Alzheimer’s or other types of Dementia, Cancer, Parkinson’s Disease, Heart Failure, Liver or Kidney Failure, COPD, and others. Palliative Care is provided to patients of all ages, including pediatric patients, and may be provided together with curative treatment, working with your current care team.
Hospice Care is specialized medical care providing pain and symptom management, emotional, and spiritual support to patients of all ages who no longer seeking curative treatment and for whom life expectancy is 6 months or less. Each dedicated hospice team provides pain and symptom management, as well as patient and family support and spiritual comfort.
Four Seasons Riversong Pediatric Palliative and Hospice Care
Pediatric Palliative and Hospice Care is a partnership between you, your child, your existing physicians and treatment team, and our Four Seasons Riversong team. Our goal is to provide life-enhancing care, so that your child can focus on being a child.
When we meet with you the first question we ask is “What’s Most Important to You?” We listen to your goals, your child’s wishes and work with your existing treatment teams to provide additional care that can make a positive impact on quality of life. Our care not only helps your child be more comfortable physically, but also provides emotional and spiritual care. We also support the caregiver(s) and family with training and resources.
Our Care Navigation service provides support and guidance for individuals and families as they navigate the aging journey, helping them evaluate their current and anticipated needs to ensure that a full range of support and safeguards are in place.
Our Home Care services offers you and your loved ones caring assistance with life’s simple, daily routines. These daily tasks may include grocery shopping, errands, bathing, dressing, meal prep, laundry, and transportation to doctor’s appointments.
Grief counseling and education available to kids and adults in group and individual settings. We incorporate compassionate techniques at no cost to you and regardless of whether your loved one was in hospice.
OUR COMMITMENTS TO YOU
- The comfort we provide is trusted and proven as shown in our quality outcomes which rank above the national average, scoring 24 out of 24 regarding the experience of care.
- Trusted comfort is also evident in that 94% of our Hospice patients reported that their pain improved within 48 hours of admission
- We not only provide trusted comfort in your home or nursing facility, but also offer an inviting, home-like inpatient unit called Elizabeth House, where we provide relief, comfort and respite.
- Our reputation for trusted comfort extends throughout all of our service lines, including our quality care award-winning Four Seasons Home Care, which makes life more comfortable by helping with daily routines. Available in select areas of our region.
- Four Seasons continues to shine as a nationally recognized Hospice Honors Organization, an award presented to organizations with a high level of quality care.
- Over 97% of our families report that their loved one was treated with dignity and respect, according to a 2021 HEALTHCAREfirst report.
- Ratings for patient care and willingness to recommend us to others averages 10 percentage points higher than the nation.
- Testimonials from many patients and loved ones attest to our level of trusted care including this expression from Bill Tankersley, “The care my wife received was superb. Managing her pain was a priority, the staff spoke softly, and their touch was gentle. Comfort, compassion and understanding was given to us both at Four Seasons“
- We offer Provider-led Palliative Care services across all counties in patient homes and our offices and we also work with patients inside nursing care facilities, hospitals, and our offices.
- Each Hospice Care patient and family has access to a full care team including a Provider, Registered Nurse, Hospice Aid, Spiritual Care Team, and Social Worker providing quality care. Our health professionals work with your current providers to meet your needs.
- We collaborate with you, your family and your providers through our Care Navigation program, offering trusted guidance to help individuals following the diagnosis of a serious illness, navigate care options and plan for what’s next.
- To further our collaborative efforts, Four Seasons has added telehealth and remote monitoring, bringing a new dimension of care to our patients.
- Four Seasons achieved Deemed Status in the 2021 Joint Commission Survey, thereby assuring care is reliable, safe and high quality.
- Four Seasons is one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the nation, according to Modern Healthcare, thereby supporting our ability to hire the best team to provide quality care and fast response.
- Through participation in research studies and advanced practices, our Research and Innovation team is revolutionizing care and treatments for you or your loved one.
- The American Hospital Association
awarded Four Seasons the Circle of
Life Award, which acknowledges our
provision of innovative care.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Every dollar raised through the Four Seasons Foundation or spent at the Hospice Home Stores goes directly to patient services at Four Seasons, allowing them to provide trusted care, regardless of the ability to pay. In addition to donating or shopping at the Home Stores, volunteering with Four Seasons or the Home Stores is another amazing way to help your community.
Four Seasons Foundation supports patients and families by securing donations and gifts that help provide quality care, regardless of ability to pay.
Whether your goal is to meet new people, become more involved in the community, or give your time in honor of the care we provide, there are many ways you can help.
Your donation of furniture, home goods, clothing and your patronage in our home stores in Hendersonville, Arden or Brevard help support the mission of Four Seasons.
FOUR SEASONS BLOG
Four Seasons Named a Best Place to Work 2023
Four Seasons has been once again selected by Modern Healthcare as one of the 2023 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. With over 43 years of experience, Four Seasons is an award-winning, nationally recognized non-profit organization providing Care Navigation, Home Care,...
Four Seasons Announces Pediatric Care Program
Four Seasons is pleased to announce its new Pediatric Palliative & Hospice Care Program, Riversong. Although palliative and hospice care are often provided to aging persons, there are cases where pediatric patients are in need of these types of care. Four Seasons...
Volunteer Opportunities Abound!
Author: Chloe Jackson-Pierce, West Region Volunteer Coordinator As the Volunteer Coordinator for the West region, I’m regularly touched by the compassion and commitment volunteers bring to their work. Since I joined the team at Four Seasons, I’ve seen volunteers go...